One of the greatest assets that St. Patrick's Seminary & University offers is its dedicated and talented faculty and staff.
Employees at St. Patrick's find working at the seminary to be a tremendously rewarding experience, as they have the opportunity to work with colleagues who share their commitment to helping to form men to become educated, spiritual, and holy priests.
Job openings will be updated here on a regular basis, so those interested in working at St. Patrick's should check back here to determine our openings.
FULL TIME (37.5 HR)/EXEMPT POSITION
St. Patrick’s Seminary & University is pleased to announce an exciting, full-time career opportunity. We are seeking a highly experienced Business Manager to report to the Vice President of Administration and to oversee the execution of day-to-day financial operations of the institution. The Business Manager will work in collaboration with the Archdiocese of San Francisco and be responsible for advancing the mission of the Seminary & University through the guidance and oversight over all financial functions of the institution, including development and grants administration.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate procedures and controls for all financial systems, in accordance with AICPA and FASB standard.
- Accurately maintains general ledger and supporting subsidiary ledgers for all institutional funds including unrestricted net assets, temporarily restricted net assets and permanently restricted net assets.
- Assists Advancement Department in maintaining adequate records for capital campaign pledges and/or other contribution pledges receivable.
- Works with the Archdiocese of San Francisco to formulate the Annual Operating.
- Reconciles semi-monthly payroll with Human Resources and the Archdiocese of San Francisco.
- Prepares periodic financial reports, commentaries, and agenda for both the Financial Committee and Board of Trustees, and serves as ex officio on the Finance Committee and reports regularly to the Board of Trustees.
- Supervises business office activities involving accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash, tuition, general ledger, taxes and other accounting processes.
- Coordinates with SPSU’s independent auditors for the preparation of work papers for annual audit and responds to auditor’s administrative recommendations in management letter.
- Meets with department heads to present monthly budget performance and annual forecast.
- Crafts standard operating procedures manual for Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory Controls, and General Ledger.
- CPA or MBA with a minimum of ten (10) years finance experience required.
- Strong organizational and mathematical skills.
- Practicing Catholic supportive with Church teachings and principles.
- Working knowledge of the relationship between the local institution and the local church.
- Customer service-oriented with a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, and follow-through.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with a variety of people on a daily basis.
- Stunning University campus located in the heart of Menlo Park.
- Competitive salary with generous benefits package.
- Dynamic and multicultural work environment with a rich history spanning over 100 years.
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the Seminary & University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to
. After applying, SPSU will contact you within two weeks if we are considering your application.