In furtherance of this end, the university library endeavors to do the following:
- To provide students with the interdisciplinary research skills and support necessary for success at S.t Patrick's and life-long vocational growth and development.
- To provide resources to support the curriculum and faculty research needs in accordance with paragraph 233 of the Program of Priestly Formation (5th edition).
- To serve the local church by providing outreach to parishes, Archdiocese offices and alumni.
- To collaborate with other theological research and teaching institutions, including the Vatican II Institute and the Fuller Institute to share materials and best practices.
- To meet the research and resource needs of students who speak English as a second language.
- To continue to integrate online and multimedia library resources into the collection, making use of leading-edge technologies.
- To provide a well-trained, public and community service oriented group of professional librarians and support staff.
- To provide an inviting environment to support fundraising and special functions--including the showcasing of our exisitng special California and rare book collections.